Most of the frustrations of living at home involve Klez-Mom and her hearing capacities, or lack thereof. Somehow, a sentence about getting to work is obtusely translated into a request for a turkey dinner. Stories won't do justice to the frequency of these Hard-of-Hearing (HOH) occurrences, but at least I can try.----------------------------------------------
Part 1
My sister, about working with kids,
"The kids were playing with wood clay today at school. It smelled weird"
Dad responds,
"What did it smell like?"
"Like wood chips"
Klez-Mom, literally a foot away from my sister and oblivious,
"WHAT?! Who smells like horse shit?"
Confused restaurant patron stares
-----
Part 2
After breakfast, dad stands up
"Time to get dressed!"
Klez-Mom whips around
"I already SAID I was taking him to the vet!"
Eyeball roll.
Klez-Mom pauses.
"Are we talking about the cat?"
-----
Part 3
My sister, as she heads out the door, jokingly,
"Bye whores!"
Klez-Mom turns to me and dad.
"Real nice, she says bye to the cats, and not to us"
i like part 3 A LOT.
ReplyDelete